Another Beautiful Montana Day

We have beautiful weather again here in Montana. The CUR meeting is moving along swiftly and we’re all working hard to accomplish as much as possible in the short time that we have. Some committees managed to take advantage of the warmth and sunshine this afternoon by holding their discussions on the lawn. Fortunately, mine was one of them! Soon, we’ll head back indoors to vote on issues like the merger of CUR with NCUR (National Conference on Undergraduate Research). I bet you thought they were one in the same, didn’t you? Well, they may be soon! Until then, I’ll be reading about the most influential leaders in undergraduate research (as the newest member of the CUR Fellows Committee) and enjoying the sweet, fresh Montana air.

Plaque detailing the journey of Lewis and Clark

A plaque detailing the expedition of Lewis and Clark.

View of Baldy Mountain from the steps of my dorm.

View of Baldy Mountain from my dorm (sigh).

The sticker on my nametag shows how infinitely cool geologists are

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Another Beautiful Montana Day

1. rob mcconnell says:

Hi Prof. Pollock,

I am glad you are having fun in MT. I am only 4 hours from you (west). I am south of Missoula. If you get some free time, and I am off work (Thursdays and Fridays) we should go hiking!

Rob

2. mpollock says:

Sounds like a blast, Rob, but I leave tomorrow (Saturday) at noon. Bummer. Hope you’re finding lots of awesome minerals this summer! If I don’t talk to you before you leave, good luck in Estonia!

3. Mark Wilson says:

Such a view … and I’m happy to see that they spelled your name correctly!