Wooster Geologists at GSA 2013: Last one standing

And that would be me. This morning I gave a talk about a project Paul Taylor and I have been working on for about two years. In fact, it was about a year ago that I was in the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History tracking down specimens for this study. (Thanks again, Kathy Hollis!) Our paper’s title:

Title103013Here is the link to our GSA abstract. It was a fun topic to talk about, and goodness knows I obsessed over the slides for a long time. I’m always pleased to showcase the Scanning Electron Microscopy skills of Paul Taylor:

Slide103013Now I have just a couple brief meetings, then a red-eye flight back to Ohio and home. I’ve now finished my 35th GSA meeting. I think I’m getting the system down.

About Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson is a Professor of Geology at The College of Wooster. He specializes in invertebrate paleontology, carbonate sedimentology, and stratigraphy. He also is an expert on pseudoscience, especially creationism.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.