Wooster Geology Professor Frederick W. Cropp III (1932-2017)

Professor Fred Cropp taught geology at Wooster from 1964 to 1997. He was an extraordinary teacher and, in his own words, “a cheerleader for geology”. Many, many Wooster students became geologists in response to his enthusiasm, energy and spirit. I was one of them. His obituary and memorial page is here.

About Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson is a Professor of Geology at The College of Wooster. He specializes in invertebrate paleontology, carbonate sedimentology, and stratigraphy. He also is an expert on pseudoscience, especially creationism.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Wooster Geology Professor Frederick W. Cropp III (1932-2017)

1. Linda Dixon Wilson says:

I was saddened to hear of the passing of Dean Cropp. What a special man he was! He was truly mentor of mine that I will never forget. I, however, was not geologist student of his. In fact I think I barely passed Geology 101! But I still have many of the notes and letters he wrote to me during my four years at Wooster. He had a way of connecting with students that made them feel special and loved during those very impressionable years. He truly made a different in this world! Dean Cropp, you will always have a special place in my heart! Rest in peace and love,
    Linda Dixon Wilson
    Class of 1976

2. Mark Wilson says:

Thank you for such thoughtful words, Linda. We all miss Fred.